Followers

Sunday 28 June 2020

English Poetry by Reshmi Chatterjee from Kolkata,India

THE MAGICAL REALISM

The empty street, gloomy room, accompained by a fragile heart,
This was what life was,
Right from the start.

At the twilight of adolescence,
When adulthood was just snicking around;
I was out in search of my place;
In the globe profound.

The surrounding seemed to be misty,
People enigmatic & things full of doubt;
Untill from that gloom & despondency;
A pragmatic figure emerged out.

It walked into my life like the rain in drought
Enlightened my soul for all those while &
Illuminated my lousy face;
With a blissful smile.

By it's droplets I was drenched,
My mind drifted away from agony to ease.
It seemed so surreal & I was overwhelmed;
By it's proffer of the abode of peace.

For it I wanted to bloom like a flower,
But it mistook it for thorn.
Eventually it gave up on me,
In every way & form.

One day it disappeared &
Was broken into pieces, my fragile heart;
Once again the flame was extinguished&
My life was blown apart.

But it left me with something,
Which in my heart will always be carved;
ie it's pro tem presence & the feeling of
Once being blessed by the power of love.

 By Reshmi Chatterjee

33/3 , N.K Ghoshal Road , Kasba , Kolkata-700042

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

poetry priya by Madhab chanda Jena