Followers

Thursday 18 April 2019

English poetry by Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal


Poetry by Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal
West Covina, CA

The Defeated One

Battle wearied,
sleepless days and
nights, the handless
clock keeps my time.

What do I owe
the rising sun?
Not endless sleep,
or hour of peace.

My dust will find
its rest. Threaded
with stars, the sky
above my grave,

on my headstone
will be inscribed,
the defeated
one, rests at last.
--------------------------------------

Poetry by Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal
West Covina, CA

The Voices Speak

In secret they speak,
in the dark,
in the day,
I hear them.
Nine times out ten,
their voices
do not take a breath.
I hear them,
the untouchable.
No one is safe.
Fresh air, free thought,
no more; such sadness.
The voices speak
in the dark.
They awaken me.
---------------------------------------------------------
Poetry by  Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal
West Covina, CA

Do You Cry?

Do you cry
until you break?
Do you sing
the saddest song?
Do you scream
from your soul’s depth?
Does absence
fill your heart? I
did all these
things tonight.
-----------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

poetry priya by Madhab chanda Jena